Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kelly Kilmer's Classes


I am lucky to live in Los Angeles where many wonderful teachers offer classes throughout the city - My very first art class was taught by Kelly Kilmer - a collage journal which I have posted before - but can really see my progress by looking at the various journals I've made since - I think I've taken 5 or 6 classes with Kelly - so here are a few of the things I've created in her classes - if you ever get the chance to take a class from Kelly don't hesitate (she teaches all over the country) - she is such a generous teacher and you will have a lot of fun along the way!

In this class we created a bound book with four signatures using acrylics and stamps on chipboard and canvas:

This is the journal cover -




And here's the binding -



These are a few of the inside pages - not completed but cut them in various sizes and cutouts and covered with acrylic and various tapes (Kelly's favorite thing!) ready for collage work -




No comments: