Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring Visual Accordion Journal



Sunday it registered 100 degrees in the San Fernando Valley where I taught my workshop at - Many Paths Bookstore - despite the heat eight fabulous people showed up to create amazing books - my design was an accordion journal with two hard covers that tied with a wrapped ribbon - at the beginning of the workshop I led the group in a meditation exercise to find the words and/or visuals that would lead them to the theme of their journal - here are the results - Thank you Doug, Angelique, Terrill, Carole, Estrid, Tina, Debbie, and Karen - Y'all made my day!







Angelique - new to LA - a Brooklyn transplant...



And her friend - the fabulous Doug...



My friend Karen - we met at Art Unraveled 2007 ...



Debbie - taking a break ...it's about the journey...









Estrid - the fastest journal maker in the west!



Debbie and Tina ...



Carole and Terrill...Terrill is another friend that I met at Art Unraveled 2007 and is joining me at AU 2008 - can't wait!



The completed books - aren't they beautiful?

No comments: