Friday, September 5, 2008

Stand Up To Cancer


Tonight at 8 pm - on all three major networks for one hour - will be a show filled with over 50 celebrities and performers to create awareness and raise $$$ for cancer research.  Most government funding has been taken away from research, so the $$$ collected will be earmarked for research purposes to find a cure in the next few years.  It is estimated that 1 in 3 people in the United States will be diagnosed with some form of the disease.  Most of us have more than one friend, family member or business acquaintance that is a survivor or dealing with treatment at this time, or sadly passed away.  For me, I have had several family members pass away from cancer - my Dad, my mom's twin sister - my Aunt Marge, my Grandma Rosset (my Mom's mother), and survivor friends, Kara, Amy Elise, and Alan (my friend Erin's husband) and my neighbor Mark and so many more.  I choose to wear a Live Strong bracelet everyday for awareness.  
So tonite watch any of the networks at 8 pm for one hour or set your TIVO for Stand Up To Cancer - make a donation or go online - make a donation - buy a T-shirt - buy the necklace.  No amount of donation is too small.  This disease doesn't discriminate - it doesn't matter if you are a celebrity or the guy/girl next door.  Here's a way to be of service and to help others with a click of your mouse.  

No comments: